Secrets to Weight Loss

Weight loss - as a "big" topic! Every month another book is out by another expert on weight loss. Everyone wants to know the secret to losing weight.

I certainly do not have the secret, but I have some secret, and I want to share with you in hope of finding them useful.

Weight used to be a big problem for me. Losing weight has never been out of my thoughts, and I can not tell you how many different diets, pills and programs I tried until I discovered some "secrets" that have worked for me for many years.

So here I am. I hope that work for you as they did for me.

1. Change your focus from losing weight to achieve great health.

I grew up as a sick child and I was a young adult patient. I hated being sick and never having the energy to do all the things I wanted to do. So I decided to learn what creates great health.

First I read tons of books on nutrition and became convinced that I needed to switch to organic foods. That was a challenge in 1961! Coop was a health food store that I have followed around Los Angeles because it kept moving locations. But it was worth it! My rule is now - if you do not eat 100 years ago, then I will not eat now. This cuts out most packaged and processed foods and leaves natural, organic food.

2. Learning to read your body signals regarding what feels good to your body and what feels bad.

I have not read all the different diets, because I learned to get in tune with my body so I know exactly what my body needs for great health. Since my body needs different things than the body, without a single food plan will work for everyone. Your task is to learn to tune into what gives you energy and that energy is lacking, and what foods create calmness and which create excitement. Once I learned what my body needs for great health, I lost weight and kept off easily.

3. Find a form of exercise that you like and you can do at least 5 times a week.

I discovered that I like walking in nature, so I take half-hour walk to fast every day. However, this can be a problem if you have physical limitations or chronic illnesses. Losing weight with chronic illnesses or physical limitations, it is not impossible, but it can be a challenge much greater.

4. Learning to discern what part of you determines what and when to eat, as what you eat.

We all have a wounded part of ourselves that uses various addictions, such as how to deal with feelings of loneliness, loneliness, helplessness, anxiety, depression, fear and anger. Some people may use alcohol, drugs, shopping, TV, gambling, sex, and so on to avoid their pain, while the use of other foodstuffs. While food may work to pacify painful feelings for the moment, in the long run all addictions backfire and create the very pain you are trying to avoid. Yet, our ego wounded keeps choosing addictive behavior as a way to manage pain. As long as the wounded is being done to your food choices, you can continue to have a weight problem.

The part of us that is capable of managing painful feelings in healthy ways and making healthy choices is the love for adults. The loving Adult is the part of us that has a deep desire to know and love to act in our behalf. The development of a loving adult is a key aspect in creating health and wellness, as well as losing weight and maintaining a healthy weight.

5. Learn how to contact a source of spiritual wisdom, strength, love and guidance.

The love of the adults is that part of us that is connected with a source of spiritual guidance rather than be ruled by the mind. The mind, bring programmed from childhood, is the home of the wounded self. You are being a loving adult in the moments when you choose to be guided by a source of wisdom beyond your mind. This source is always guides you towards the highest good. You just need to learn to open and listen.

It is very likely not only lose weight but will also move into the more physical and emotional health and well-being if to embrace these "secrets" in your life. We offer a free course (see resource box) to help with the development of your love for adults. Once you have developed a strong love for adults within, you will be able to lose weight. If you really want to lose weight, there's a way!

No comments: